Just started my class and took module 1 quiz and got a 100 percent ---
Module 1: Building and Rebuilding the Nation Quiz
You answered 16 of 16 questions correctly, for a score of 100.00%
Which President was impeached in 1868 and escaped conviction by only a single vote?
d. Andrew Johnson
1. Which president vetoed the civil rights bill?
b. Andrew Johnson
2. The Compromise of 1877 enabled which of the following persons to assume the presidency?
d. Rutherford B. Hayes
3. The significance of the election of 1877 was that it _________________.
d. all of the above
4. The first southern state to be readmitted to the Union was _________________.
5. The Reconstruction Act of 1867 _________________.
c. divided the South into five military districts
6. An important factor in the white man's defeat of the Plains tribes was _________________.
a. destruction of the buffalo herds
7. As more land in the U.S. was placed under cultivation after 1865, _________________.
a. overproduction resulted
8. The Dawes Act was designed to _________________.
b. provide Indians with individual land ownership
9. Chief Black Kettle tried to stop John Chivington's attack on Sand Creek
b. raising an American flag and then a white flag
10. Workers in industrial America in the 1880s and
c. tended to be wage earners rather than independent artisans
11. Between 1865 and 1900, the basis for economic growth in the United States was found in _________________.
d. heavy industry
12. The "new immigrants" whose migration to the United States increased after 1880 came mainly from _________________.
d. southern and eastern Europe
13. A successful leader of the American Federation of Labor was _________________.
b. Samuel Gompers
14. An important consequence of industrialization in the United States was _________________.
a. widespread pollution
15. What did Plessy v. Ferguson permit?